Cactus Silk Pillow (Purple)
Woven by villagers of the Atlas Mountains, our pillow covers showcase the detailed handwork of indigenous Moroccan textiles. Originally created as rugs but redesigned as pillows, the textural canvas – locally known as “Sabra” – is woven on traditional wooden looms into patterns featuring ancient symbolic motifs. Hand dipped in dyes of spectacular hue, the fabric is then sun bleached and air dried to achieve its unique, burnished character.
- 80% rayon, 20% cotton
- Sun bleached to produce its weathered finish, then air dried
- Detailed design on front of pillow is woven from memory by skilled artisans
- Edged with a double row of hand-braided, corded satin stitching
- Zipper closure Small zipper could be hard to insert a pillow I use stuffing
- This item is artisan crafted with care. Given its handmade and hand-finished nature, variations in the color, size and pattern are to be expected.
- Each pillow is unique and no two are exactly alike.
- Dry clean
- Made in Morocco
1 in stock